Folio XXVI Recto is presented in Latin. The text first follows the genealogy of Abraham and his son Isaac. The genealogy follows the line from Isaac and Rebecca and concludes with the death of Jacob. The text then enters into the linage of the Sicyonian Kings, beginning with Aegialeus and ending with Xerzes.
Explanation of Illustrations
Top Left Hand Corner
- Isaac and Rebecca
- To the right of Isaac and Rebecca is Esau
- Below Issac and Rebecca areLeah, Jacob, and Rachel
Upper Middle of the Page
- Benjamin and Joseph, the sons of Rachel
- Joseph is pictured with his wife, Asenath, and their two sons Manasseh and Ephraim
Middle of the Page
- Naphtali, Bilpah, and Dan. Bilpah was the maid of Leah, the wife of Jacob and bore him two sons, Naphatali and Dan.
Both the Lower Left Hand and Right Hand Corners portray the Lineage of Sicyonian Kings
Schedel, Harmann 1440-1514, Schmauch, Walter W., Hadavas, Kosata. First English Edition of the Nuremberg Chronicle: Being the Liber Chronicarum of Dr. Hartmann SchedelÖ, University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center, Madison, WI, 2010. Accessed 5/4/2020 http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/nur.001.0004